[Qgis-developer] Regarding Development For QGis

Kshitij Kansal kansal.k at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 13:02:36 PST 2014

Hello,

I am a Computer Science Undergrad Student in India, currently in my third
year of study. I am good at C, C++, python, Web2py. I am doing research in
"Time Series Analysis of Spatial Data". My work is mostly centered around
satellite imagery.

I have been using Qgis for quite sometime now and feel that now I can
contribute towards its development. I tried to install Qgis from source
code by cloning it from the Qgis repository in Fedora 18 but faced a lot of
dependency issues. So I switched to Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, and tried the same
thing, but there was some error in the latest code. So I installed it from
the release prior to the latest one and was successful in doing that. After
I reported the bug in this mailing list only, it was rectified. So my
status at present is that I have Qgis installed from source code on my
machine.

Is there someway I can contribute in this community? If yes, do let me know
how can I start given that I have good background in C/C++ and Python
programming.

Thanking You,

Kshitij Kansal

Lab For Spatial Informatics,