[Qgis-developer] QWC first implementation of configurable search results output

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 09:51:52 PST 2014

Hi,

as discussed a few days ago, I'm trying to implement a configurable output
for search results, it's now possible to show search results in left panel
(default), right panel, bottom panel and in a separate window.

I've published it in a branch (still work in progress), please give me some
feedback.

This is what I've done so far:

1. added an optional config var in GlobalOptions.js
var mapSearchPanelOutputRegion = 'popup' ; // Possible values:
default,right,bottom,popup, see
https://github.com/elpaso/QGIS-Web-Client/blob/configurable_layout/site/js/GlobalOptions.js#L197

2. decoupled the search output from QGIS.SearchPanel, the search output is
now implemented with events and  listeners:
https://github.com/elpaso/QGIS-Web-Client/blob/configurable_layout/site/js/WebgisInit.js#L815
https://github.com/elpaso/QGIS-Web-Client/blob/configurable_layout/site/js/WebgisInit.js#L890

3. added right and bottom regions, hidden and collapsed by default, these
panels are automatically activated when mapSearchPanelOutputRegion is
"right" or "bottom"

4. added an Ext alert modal in case of no results. I'm still looking for a
better solution, I'm sure that the user should be warned about "no records
found" but I'd rather prefer a spotlight message to a modal alert.

The default behaviour should be exactly the old one: search results under
the form in left panel.

This is the branch URL:
https://github.com/elpaso/QGIS-Web-Client/tree/configurable_layout

--