[Qgis-developer] QWC first implementation of configurable search results output

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Jan 13 06:46:41 PST 2014

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for the changes. Do you have an existing test installation
publically available. The GlobalOptions.js contain quite a few different
settings that wouldn't make it compatible with the demo projects in the
main branch. So it is a bit of work to set up your copy at my machine.

I would prefer if I could have a look at an existing working installation.

I have some questions below:

Am 08.01.2014 18:51, schrieb Alessandro Pasotti:
> Hi,
>
> as discussed a few days ago, I'm trying to implement a configurable output
> for search results, it's now possible to show search results in left panel
> (default), right panel, bottom panel and in a separate window.
>
> I've published it in a branch (still work in progress), please give me some
> feedback.
>
> This is what I've done so far:
>
> 1. added an optional config var in GlobalOptions.js
> var mapSearchPanelOutputRegion = 'popup' ; // Possible values:
> default,right,bottom,popup, see
> https://github.com/elpaso/QGIS-Web-Client/blob/configurable_layout/site/js/GlobalOptions.js#L197

Does this concern the builtin search method that uses QGIS server? The
one in the panel on the left?

> 2. decoupled the search output from QGIS.SearchPanel, the search output is
> now implemented with events and  listeners:
> https://github.com/elpaso/QGIS-Web-Client/blob/configurable_layout/site/js/WebgisInit.js#L815
> https://github.com/elpaso/QGIS-Web-Client/blob/configurable_layout/site/js/WebgisInit.js#L890

good

> 3. added right and bottom regions, hidden and collapsed by default, these
> panels are automatically activated when mapSearchPanelOutputRegion is
> "right" or "bottom"

ok.

> 4. added an Ext alert modal in case of no results. I'm still looking for a
> better solution, I'm sure that the user should be warned about "no records
> found" but I'd rather prefer a spotlight message to a modal alert.

yes - maybe we should introduce a messaging system like in QGIS desktop
with a message bar that pops up at the top of the map panel but does not
block the interface. Until then you could use the status bar at the bottom.

Thanks,
Andreas