[Qgis-developer] attribute table issues

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Mon Jan 13 02:35:39 PST 2014

Hi there,
as feature freeze is coming, I raise an issue i didn't find in the lists or
in the tracker.
When working with attribute table, I had many problems on a classical use
case. I just explore attribute table, filter, order, and then select lines,
and zoom on the map.

- selection of lines is very slow even for small tables. Do we need to
trigger redraws when the selected features are not in current canvas?
Anyway, selecting/ unselecting is to slow

- selected line(s) are grey, and my eyes can't see a difference with other
non selected lines. I liked old blue 1.x color.

- When selecting a set of feature (using maps tools or expression), my first
idea is to explore the selected fetaures one by one. So I click on one and
then will zoom on the feature, but this refreshes current selection. When
displaying only selected items, I loose then my set of selected objects.
What is the right workflow? Is there a way to convert a manual selection set
into a filter? Or could we add a contextual click to 'zoom on the feature',
not modifying current selection?

Tell me if I need to open tickets or if someone is already on it.
Cheers,
Régis