[Qgis-developer] Multi-threaded version and attribute table

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 06:23:22 PST 2014

Hi Andreas

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 7:54 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> I tested the multi-threaded version with the latest version from git
> regarding the attribute table. I noticed a problem when loading the
> features for the table. It loads extremely slow, approx. 4 features per
> second. It looks like each of the thread just loads one feature at the
> time, or something similar. A table of 60'000 features which I tested
> would take forever.
>
> Is this a known issue?

The threading branch has not been updated with recent changes to QGIS
master, so the attribute table is still affected by bug #8851 (fixed
in master in meanwhile). Maybe you could cherry-pick the fix in your
local copy in the mean time:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/c0b8e9abdf17c16a18235983688eee6104ce744e

Soon I will be updating the branch to catch up with the master branch
- there will be conflicts mainly with Alvaro's work (which seems to be
still in progress).

Regards
Martin