[Qgis-developer] Qgis2threejs suggestions...

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 02:48:16 PST 2014

Hi Minoru,
I have another question for you :)
I'm dong some tests to apply vector "draping" on top of the PlanarGeometry,
i.e. positioning vector vertices on the terrain when they don't have z
values.
I've done a test with ray casting. Here a result which seems a caterpillar
walking along our mountains :)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13861666/2014-01-17%2011_27_15-firenze.png
Do you know other/better solutions then raycasting? Maybe through shaders?

giovanni

2014/1/17 Geodrinx <geodrinx at gmail.com>

> Hi Minoru,
>

> > Using QGIS
> > API (QgsRasterDataProvider) in addition to GDAL API to support more
> > data sources (1 band rasters) may be a good idea.
>
> Great !  :)
>
> Roberto
>

> > Minoru
> >
> > 2014/1/16 Geo DrinX <geodrinx at gmail.com>:
> >> Hi Minoru,

> >> I tested it   :)
> >>
> >> I have an idea and a suggestion:
> >>
> >> if a level was a WMS PNG24 or PNG32 of a DTM, do you think it would be
> >> possible to use it to create 3D with your plugin?
> >>
> >> This would be a very useful feature :)
> >>
> >> Roberto

Giovanni Allegri
http://about.me/giovanniallegri