[Qgis-developer] Release and blockers

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sat Jan 18 03:30:42 PST 2014

On 18-01-14 10:49, Giovanni Manghi wrote:
>> Hi all.
>> QGIS 2.2 release getting closer, I wonder what is our policy for blockers (about 30 now):
>> http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/issues?priority_id=10&set_filter=1&status_id=o&subproject_id=!*
>> Are we going to release even if blockers are still open? Otherwise, it seems unlikely
>> to have predictable release times.
>> In any case, I invite everybody to have a look to the list, and consider finding the
>> time or the money to fix some of these.
>

> there are also pull requests (a few waiting for months) with patches
> fixing issues (even blockers) and/or adding interisting features.

Hi Giovanni,

as you are pretty into issues as in the importance of problems, maybe
you can create a top-3 of PR's that you like to have fixed first (in
this weekend ;-) ).

Then hopefully people
1) can check if these PR's are still mergeable (I can do that)
2) have some guidance in the 'importance' of the PR's and we can have
some 'focus'
3) we can ask a core dev to have a look into the code and decide if the
fix is ok (or not!).

Idea?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde