[Qgis-developer] Changelog: Misleading "Author" tag

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sat Jan 18 13:52:26 PST 2014

Hi

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 11:45 PM, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com>wrote:

> > PS any ideas / bugs are welcome - simply drop them onto our backlog at
> > https://waffle.io/timlinux/projecta
>
> Tim,
>
> What do you think about adding a "Funded by" attribute to changelog
> entries? Ideally this would be with an optional url link to the
> companies website.

I don't mind too much - though I have a similar problem in that many of us
donate large amounts of time to the project which is essentially 'funding'
too that goes unacknowledged. On the other hand that may be a sacrifice we
as a group are willing to make in order to encourage 3rd parties to fund
work on QGIS. It certainly would be good publicity for any organisation
that does fund a feature. If others feel it is appropriate to do this we
can of course add a field, but even then my preference would be to simply
annotate the description field with a final line stating who funded the
feature e.g.:

(Funded by the three little pigs)[http://hohoho.com]

Regards

Tim

--
Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net