[Qgis-developer] Getting debug messages under windows

Olivier Dalang olivier.dalang at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 15:39:39 PST 2014

Hi !

While being a C++ newbie, I've been able to build QGIS under Windows by
following the very precise information in the INSTALL file. Thanks to this,
I managed to do already some very small contributions to the core.

However, I've never been able to get debug output, which is refraining me
from doing more... I've searched a lot, and found a lot of stuff, but
nothing which worked or which made sense to me.

It seems I have to change the cmake option : -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=DEBUG (or
RELWITHDEBINFO)

I don't know what that is, nor how to change it. I've set the target to
RELWITHDEBINFO in VCExpress (as stated in INSTALL), but that does not seem
to be sufficient to get any output.
I'm not even sure : is the output supposed to be printed in the command
prompt from which I launched QGIS ?

Thanks a lot in advance !

Olivier