[Qgis-developer] Getting debug messages under windows

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Mon Jan 20 01:42:36 PST 2014

Hi Olivier,

I don't work that much on Windows, so my experience may not cover all
cases.

In my experience, the easiest thing is to start the application from
VS. Do this, by right clicking the "qgis" project in the Solution
Explorer and click "Set as StartUp project". Then click the play button
(or Debug => Start Debugging). Now, the debug output should be in the
Output window of VS (If compiled with RelWithDebInfo). I think it is
also possible to attach Visual Studio to a running process, which
should help as well. Or there is a tool called DebugView which is
supposed to help, if VS is not installed.

Matthias