[Qgis-developer] QGis Dufour crashes when using QgsMarkerLineSymbolLayerV2.setSubSymbol()

alain al.bertho at free.fr
Mon Jan 20 13:31:44 PST 2014

Hello,

I'm working on a python plugin to render S57 nautical charts using the
ogr provider and QGis symbology. For now, I'm just testing how to use
Symbology, as I'm not familiar with it, so I think I do something wrong,
but can't find examples on Google.

I need to compose symbols for lines, using Svg files. This seems to be
done using one or more QgsSvgMarkerSymbolLayerV2 in a QgsMarkerSymbol
wrapped in a QgsMarkerLineSymbolLayerV2 using setSubSymbol(...) method.
Following this idea, I get QGis crashes.

I post some code at
http://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/83517/qgis-dufour-crashes-when-using-qgsmarkerlinesymbollayer-from-a-python-plugin

When I comment the line calling setSubSymbol(), the layer is rendered
correctly with a default symbol.

Thanks for help.

Alain