[Qgis-developer] On the fly simplication of point layers

A Huarte ahuarte47 at yahoo.es
Mon Jan 20 13:47:24 PST 2014

done:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/pull/1093

This patch hides the simplification rendering tab for point layers, now it is not supported (internally I am not trying to simplify point layers). Thanks Tim!

About if there is a use case for point simplification, I know one, (gvSIG  + dielmo open lidar) use it for load extreme big point layers as LiDAR LAS files are.

It know the code in java and I think easy migrate to QGIS. Basically, It ignore points by distance in a similar style as the current simplifier classes.

If you think good for QGIS I think but I can imlement it.
Alvaro