[Qgis-developer] On the fly simplication of point layers

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Wed Jan 22 01:33:31 PST 2014

Hi

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 11:00 AM, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tim
>
> On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 3:41 AM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> > Hi Alex
> >

> > On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 10:37 PM, Alex Mandel <
> tech_dev at wildintellect.com>
> > wrote:

> > Yeah I am familiar with clustering (and would love to see it as a
> feature in
> > QGIS),
>
> Actually the point displacement renderer already does clustering,
> though it lacks more options to customize how the clustered symbol
> would look like.

Doesnt it do the reverse? i.e. when more than one point falls in the same
place, it shifts them aside so they are all visible. If it can be made to
produce a scaled symbol based on the number of underlying points that would
be cool.That would also be a good time to change its name to 'Custer or
displace' or something.

Regards

Tim

--
Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net