[Qgis-developer] data provider in a custom app

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 05:58:30 PST 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to do a custom application using QGIS libs and I have
trouble to use data providers (i.e. spatialite).

In my application doing, QgsProviderRegistry::instance()->pluginList()
returns " No data provider plugins are available. No vector layers can
be loaded".

Then of course, trying to create a new db as it is done on
QgsNewSpatialiteLayerDialog is impossible (
QgsProviderRegistry::instance()->library( "spatialite" );  )
and loading layers with
QgsVectorLayer* vl = new QgsVectorLayer( "dbname='path_to_sqlite_file'
table='mytable'' (geometry) sql=", "layername", "spatialite" );
fails.

I believe I am missing something fundamental here, but I have no idea what.

If anybody has a lead, thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Denis