[Qgis-developer] On the fly simplication of point layers

A Huarte ahuarte47 at yahoo.es
Thu Jan 23 15:12:58 PST 2014

Hi!

About simplification (no clustering), I think that the If we discard points based on the distance to the last fetched and rendered point (https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/core/qgsfeatureiterator.cpp#L36) it will be very effective to render big dense points layers. I have a GIS application using this technique and it draws LAS files (> 30mb) "fast".

I would like write a "point simplifier" in QGIS to validate results.
Do you agree ?

Alvaro