[Qgis-developer] QGIS and 3D

giulianc51 giulianc51 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 07:31:13 PST 2014

Il giorno Fri, 24 Jan 2014 14:23:05 +0100
Vincent Picavet <vincent.ml at oslandia.com> ha scritto:

> Hello Giuliano,

Hello Vincent,
thank you for your replay :-)

> If you want to have some 3D features for your GIS you can :
> * use qgis2threejs to visualize layers on top of a MNT with a WebGL
> browser

yes, I know but now I'm more interested in the analysis (section,
volume, surface, etc) than visualization;

> * Use latest PostGIS versions, which allow you to manipulate 3D
> objects. PostGIS + SFCGAL lets you do some computations on 3D objects
> with SQL. You can send SQL commands from within QGIS. See this video
> for an example and visualization of 3D objects with Horao (QGIS
> plugin to view PostGIS 3D objects) :
> http://vimeo.com/74869530

okay, it's good; I will  have a look at PostGIS + SFCGAL + Horao, it
seems to be very interesting;

> Vincent

thank you very much, best regards,
giuliano curti