[Qgis-developer] Reverse order in PostGIS commit?

George Silva georger.silva at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 07:42:00 PDT 2014

This could affect custom database triggers or implementations.

Here we use an auditing scheme to monitor perfomance of digitizing of our
users.

I agree with Paolo here, this gives a unpredicted result in some operations
that might exist.

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 10:46 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>
wrote:

> Il 09/07/2014 09:40, Jürgen E. Fischer ha scritto:
>
> > You refer to the order of INSERTs?  Why does that matter?   The order in
> which
> > you get back the feature after INSERT later is undefined anyway.
>
> Ideally the records should be inserted in the order they have been
> digitized, to give
> the most predictable and least surprising results for the user.
> All the best.
>
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
> Corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html