[Qgis-developer] Compiling QGIS and C++ Application with QGIS Headers on Windows 8.1

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 06:40:49 PDT 2014

Hey Joshua,

If your plan is to build a small application using QGIS I would recommend
using Python with PyQGIS.  It's very easy to get up and running with that
and your dev time will be much faster. Plus you don't have to compile it
for every platform under the sun ;)

If you are keen to try that I have a working Python PyQGIS app here:
https://github.com/DMS-Aus/Roam which include code to create a standalone
exe with everything included.  That is pretty full on example but I can
strip it down to the most important parts if needed.

Regards,
Nathan