[Qgis-developer] TALK: Legend behaviour

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 15:54:09 PDT 2014

Hi Niccolo

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 5:18 PM, Niccolò Marchi
<sciurusurbanus at hotmail.it> wrote:
> Hi all,
> two trivial thoughts about the legend behaviour:
> - I don't know if I'm the only one, but I think the new way to move layers
> with the "dragged image" is less comfortable and precise than the previous.
> I found easier (and hence faster) to manage files in 2.2 legend when
> appeared the line instead of having the actual image that covers the
> destination and doesn't allow to see in a proper way where the file will be
> put. Examples come mainly with: include/exclude a layer from a group or
> moving a layer up to a group if the group is already on top;

This could be probably changed... but there is also advantage in the
new approach: you always know which layers/groups you move - in 2.2
and earlier the layers that were being moved simply disappeared while
being rendered.

> - other thing: is there a particular reason why, grouping some files, they
> automatically go to the bottom of the legend? could it be a good idea (and
> easy task) to group them where they are?

Makes sense - implemented in master, c05e5e.

Regards
Martin