[Qgis-developer] Building QGIS with VS - Install Guide

SSchmidt at gfi-gis.de SSchmidt at gfi-gis.de
Thu Jul 17 00:28:41 PDT 2014

Hello,

I followed the instructions of the script and have created such a
batchfile. First I've installed bison to a path with spaces inbetween.
Thatswhy I put the path with the ~ in %PATH% and in CMAKE. Sometimes
everything going good but in some cases this error occured. So first I
deinstalled Bison and installed it to a path without spaces but created a
shortcut to startmenu. Also I changed the path-variable in batch but it
doesn't worked. Then I found this link (
http://www.chriscalender.com/?p=798 ) and this solved my problem.
But maybe its really incorrect. I'm not sure with the PATH-variable in
Win7. There is one for system and one for user and both aren't doing what
I want. So maybe path was not correctly set.

Greetings
Susann

Jürgen E. Fischer <jef at norbit.de>
Sent by: qgis-developer-bounces at lists.osgeo.org
16.07.2014 18:55

qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Qgis-developer] Building QGIS with VS - Install Guide

Moin Susann,

http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://raw.github.com/qgis/QGIS/master/doc/INSTALL.html#toc14
)
> for building QGIS with VS that while Installing Bison no shortcut to
start
> menu had to be created. In my case this was the reason of the error:
> Generating qgsexpressionparser.cpp
> C:\GnuWin32\bin\bison.exe: m4: No such file or directory

I don't understand the references to the shortcut.  The error means you
didn't
have C:\GnuWin32\bin in PATH and therefore bison was unable to find m4.

The batch file from which you should start all other things does that (s.
"4.1.3. Setting up the Visual Studio project with CMake").

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel.
+49-4931-918175-31

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden