[Qgis-developer] Stress about release plans

MORREALE Jean Roc jr.morreale at enoreth.net
Mon Jul 21 09:41:50 PDT 2014

Le 21/07/2014 17:35, Lene Fischer a écrit :
> ·A long term stable version for ex. 12 months with bugfix only

Those sponsoring a feature may feel that a year of wait until they find
it in a public is quite long.

> ·A developer version for 4 months with new features and bugfixes =>
> Stable version with short bugfix-period => New developer……..

Most of the users of this dev version will be common users, before the
release of 2.0 I often saw 1.9 versions installed and people on support
forums suggesting the use of qgis-dev

> I do know it will give the developers more work – I do know it will cost
> more money – But I´m sure a lot of administrators will recommend,  use
> and support if we get a more stable environment.

How many administrator are currently pushing to sponsor msi packages for
their deployment ?