[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Stress about release plans

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 03:41:46 PDT 2014

> Just looking now, not a single one of the "QGIS Geoalgorithms" that I've
> ever looked at (which are I think is what Victor is referencing) have
> anything in the "help" tab. And these are a core part of the software.

Yes that's what I mean. But, IMHO, it's better to have that functionality
there with an empty help tab, than not having it. People are using it,
that's a fact. For some of them, it might be hard due to the lack of
documentation. For some others, it might not be so hard, and eventually
someone might contribute a help file.

If those algorithms have to wait until the dev (me in that case) writes the
corresponding doc before being able to add them, I can tell you that, most
likely, they will never ever be added. And, since the functionality is not
be there to be tested, no one else will volunteer to do it.

I am not saying that this is ideal, and that developers should not write
docs. I am saying that time is limited and, if we put those restrictions,
we might end up rejecting a lot of interesting functionality.