[Qgis-developer] compile error

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 00:35:33 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 2:06 PM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Tue, 22. Jul 2014 at 11:53:14 +0000, Andreas Neumann wrote:
>> same problem here.
>>
>> qscimod4.sip is not available on my machine and I don't know which
>> ubuntu package would contain this file.
>
> That's a debian bug (https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=755491)
> The sip files are not currently packaged.

Just for the record, I have opened a similar bug report in ubuntu:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qscintilla2/+bug/1346197

> As a workaround I included them in QGIS [8f0b8987 & 7e815cad] - but only the
> latest version (in debian) - which could have worked for older ones as well, if
> Qscintillas API was stable enough.
>
> Apparently it isn't.  The nightly builds failed with precise already - saucy
> and trust worked however, but that's as far as it got as of now.  I'll check
> what else I can do, once I now which other distributions are affected.

Indeed it seems to be quite fragile. When I used SIP files from 2.8.3
together with binaries from 2.8.1, it compiled fine, but crashed QGIS
during initialization. Only using SIP files from exactly the same
version worked.

Regards
Martin