[Qgis-developer] Impossible to upload and share a plugin on QGIS plugin repository

Junior Delaz delazj at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 01:22:57 PDT 2014

Hi all
I'm tring to upload and share my first plugin at [1] but encountered an
error I don't really understand. It says:
*There were errors reading plugin package (please check also your plugin's
metadata). Cannot find __init__.py or metadata.txt in the compressed
package: this does not seems a valid plugin (I searched for
help/__init__.py and help/metadata.txt)*

I have __init__.py and metadata.txt files but they are in the main folder
(I use Plugin Builder plugin) and none of the plugin folders I looked at
has such files in help folder.
So, why is it looking for these files in the help folder?
What did I make wrong? Is it a bug? and if not, what should contain these
files?

Some help? Thanks a lot.

[1] http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/add/