[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Impossible to upload and share a plugin on QGIS plugin repository

Siki Zoltan siki at agt.bme.hu
Wed Jul 30 09:43:01 PDT 2014

Dear Junior,

in the zip file you have to use the same directory structure as in the
.qgis2/python/plugins directory. If the name of your plugin is "xxx" then
in the zip there sould be a xxx directory which contains the __init__.py
and metadata.txt and the main python file xxx.py, you can use other
subdirectories too.
xxx.zip:
   xxx - __init__.py
         metadata.txt
         xxx.py
         help

Try to download a plugin from plugins.qgis.org and check the structure of
the zip file.
I hope this helps you.

Regards,
Zoltan