[Qgis-developer] have aggregate/window expressions ever been discussed?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Jun 3 22:01:54 PDT 2014

Il 03/06/2014 23:59, Vincent Picavet ha scritto:

> I would not be shocked if QGIS had an "official" local data format, allowing the
> user to get all features when using it, and other formats for
> interoperability.

> It would almost simplify the situation as in "use the official format or accept
> limitations".
>
> And of course having a GeoPackage-compatible format would be a win.
> This kind of change could trigger a new major version though, to make it clear
> that this is an important change.

Hi Vincent,
while I see your point, and I agree that gpkg could be a good candidate,
I think there are two major issues in choosing a standard format:
* the need to import/export data will put an additional burden on users,
and will result in duplicate and possibly misaligned data
* users of DBs (and we support a nice variety of them) will not have a
choice of moving to "our" format, so they will be put on a disadvantage
compared to standard format users.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu