[Qgis-developer] Plugin site policy

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 23:31:17 PDT 2014

Hi Paolo,

> Agreed:
> +1 for asking (I'm doing it for new plugins)
> -1 for making EN compulsory
> +1 for asking a code repo: without it it is difficult to cooperate on a plugin,
> including providing a translation; adding a repo is a matter of 5 min, I see no
> reason why an author should avoid it.

Just to make things clear. Am I right that your -1 means that one can submit
plugin with non-English UI and it will be approved? So if someone submitted
plugin with, for example, Ukrainian UI it will be accepted and will be
available even
if author can not add English UI and nobody submitted English translation to it?

What about other stuff from instructions, what is compulsory and what is not? At
plugins.qgis.org we have this:

"For a prompt approval, please check that your plugin:
 * has no malicious code
 * goes to the appropriate menu (Vector, Raster, Web, Database)
 * has at least minimal documentation
 * does not duplicate of existing functionalities or plugin, unless
there is a good reason
 * has a proper license
 * does not contain architecture-dependant binaries
 * supports English language
 * provides a minimal data set for testing
 * has (in the metadata) a link to the code repository and to a bug
tracking system of
   your choice (you can use github or other infrastructures, including
   http://hub.qgis.org/projects"

Maybe it is better to make compulsory items more visible and separate them from
non-compulsory.

--
Alexander Bruy