[Qgis-developer] Plugin site policy

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Mon Jun 2 13:43:41 PDT 2014

Il 02/06/2014 10:54, Jürgen E. Fischer ha scritto:
> Hi Alex,
>
> On Mon, 02. Jun 2014 at 11:35:23 +0300, Alexander Bruy wrote:
>> Also I propose to ask authors of mentioned plugins to add English UI ASAP
>> and unapprove plugins after some time if this is not done.
>
> Asking would be a good thing.
>
> I'm not so sure about unapproving, as the plugin might still be perfectly
> usable, the developer might not be able to translate it to English or the
> plugin might have only local application and translating it might be of limited
> value.
>
> And English description should be feasible for anyone - at least something that
> describes why there is no localization.  But IMHO the author should be open for
> contribution - if anyone else wants to help with localization that.

Agreed:
+1 for asking (I'm doing it for new plugins)
-1 for making EN compulsory
+1 for asking a code repo: without it it is difficult to cooperate on a plugin,
including providing a translation; adding a repo is a matter of 5 min, I see no
reason why an author should avoid it.

All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu