[Qgis-developer] Plugin site policy

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Mon Jun 2 01:54:34 PDT 2014

Hi Alex,

On Mon, 02. Jun 2014 at 11:35:23 +0300, Alexander Bruy wrote:
> Also I propose to ask authors of mentioned plugins to add English UI ASAP
> and unapprove plugins after some time if this is not done.

Asking would be a good thing.

I'm not so sure about unapproving, as the plugin might still be perfectly
usable, the developer might not be able to translate it to English or the
plugin might have only local application and translating it might be of limited
value.

And English description should be feasible for anyone - at least something that
describes why there is no localization.  But IMHO the author should be open for
contribution - if anyone else wants to help with localization that.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
QGIS PSC member (RM)      Germany                      IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden