[Qgis-developer] Plugin site policy

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 01:35:23 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I found that we have some plugins in plugin repository that doesn't follow
repository requirements but were approved by plugin site admins. For
example:
 - Cxf_in (non English description and UI)
 - geovallecvc (non English description and UI)
 - vectorGeoref (non English UI)

Maybe there are more.

I think we should change policy about plugins: lift some requirements that
doesn't affect plugin usability (e.g. requirement for plugin
repository can be not
mandatory) and make more strict requirements that directly affects plugin
usage.

>From user point of view plugin without information about repository is
still useable and can be used without any problems. While plugin that
doesn't have English UI is completely unusable if you don't know language
used by plugin author.

Also I propose to ask authors of mentioned plugins to add English UI ASAP
and unapprove plugins after some time if this is not done.

--
Alexander Bruy