[Qgis-developer] QGIS HF in Tokyo?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Jun 4 00:21:48 PDT 2014

Hi Yoichi san,

Il 04/06/2014 09:15, Yoichi Kayama ha scritto:

> I am one of the organizers of this event.
>
> There was at the Tokyo conference of ESRI last Friday.
> In the conference ,there was a presentation about ratio of the share
> of the GIS software in Japan . Share of ArcGIS  is 51.4%  , and QGIS
> is 28.8% !!.

That's breaking news! Do you have an exact reference to it?

> QGIS users in Japan is growing rapidly.
> So we need more people working with QGIS community in Japan.
> I want to increase the people who applied to work to maintain the QGIS
> in this event.

Agreed, that's very important. I suggest you to keep connected with the
core team, so as to share these initiatives, the methods to further
improve them, and the success stories. The example of the Swiss QGIS
association is, in our view, probably the best to follow, and adapt to
local conditions. Of course you have the collaboration from our side.

All the best, and thanks.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu