[Qgis-developer] Realease and blockers

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Jun 6 05:01:27 PDT 2014

Il 06/06/2014 13:46, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> Not yet but we can table it in our PSC meeting tonight. And yes there is no single
> release cycle that will keep everyone happy. The other suggestion we had once was to
> make every third (or other increment) release purely a bug fix release. Those
> enterprise orientated folks could hold out for those instead of doing incremental
> upgrades.

Yet another interesting option, already discussed, is to maintain a stable release,
backporting fixes to it. Some work has already gone in that direction, merging and
coordinating them would be a major improvements IMHO.
I personally think this effort should be funded by one or more of the many big users
we increasingly have, and cannot rely on our efforts only.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
Corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html