[Qgis-developer] Realease and blockers

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Jun 6 02:47:08 PDT 2014

Il 06/06/2014 11:36, Régis Haubourg ha scritto:
> BTW, the very short release cycle is really complicated for us. Deploying
> prod version and testing new versions periods overshoot here. I'm alone on
> that topic, and partial time only. Having longer release candidate period,
> and a 6 months release cycle could help for me.

I understand this. However, you are free to upgrade only if and when you have time
for it, e.g. skipping every second version will give you an 8 months time frame.
IMHO the fixed release cycle will help people planning in advance (yes, also the
investment for bugfixing :) ).
All the best, and thanks for your interest.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
Corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html