[Qgis-developer] spherical trigonometry

giulianc51 giulianc51 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 15:12:43 PDT 2014

hi all,

I'm studying for my own amusement, and with the aim of deepening
coordinate transformations, the spherical trigonometry;

I'm building a tool to display the different configurations of
spherical models: point in spherical and / or Cartesian coordinates,
vectors, great and small circles, arcs, triangles, etc..

I follow in this study the text of I.Todhunter and J.G.Leathem,
Spherical Trigonometry, McMillan, London 1914

I think, at the end of the path, turn it into a plugin for QGIS
so that it can facilitate the use in the educational environment;

the code so far available (in standalone version) is published on
	github.com/giulianc/stalt4qgis;

all the advices, contributions and criticisms are welcome;

t.i.a., best regards, sfmbe(*),
giuliano

(*) sorry for my bad english :-)