[Qgis-developer] Split lines at intersection

mattwalsh matthew.walsh at thinkwhere.com
Wed Jun 11 03:42:32 PDT 2014

Hello,

Using pyqgis I would like to split a line feature where it intersects with
another line. I have tried using the splitLinearGeometry function with no
success.

new_f = geom_feat.splitLinearGeometry([geom_feat_sp])
AttributeError: 'QgsGeometry' object has no attribute 'splitLinearGeometry'

My end goal is to split a number of selected line features against each
other so that all the selected lines are split at all intersections.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks
Matt