[Qgis-developer] Opinion on an idea for plugin - Print composer guide manager

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 04:20:19 PDT 2014

I have some difficulty in using print composers guides, not being able to
precisely set their position. Normally I zoom in the map to a point that it
really does not matter if it's the value is 10,0001 or 10,0002. But it
feels weird doing it.

My idea would be to create a plugin that would add a panel to print
composer, listing all guides positions (along with the page number and
vertical/horizontal reference).

If needed, one could then precisely set each guide, add new guides, or
remove existing ones.

What do you thing? Would it be useful?

Can anyone point me to API parts that I would need to check to complete
this task?

Thanks,

Alexandre Neto