[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Opinion on an idea for plugin - Print composer guide manager

Olivier Dalang olivier.dalang at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 06:59:16 PDT 2014

Hi !

Great initiative !

I agree about the need to be able to place guides precisely, but I'm not
sure if having a new panel in the print composer is the best way to
implement it from an UI point of view.

Composer Items all share the same coordinates input interface, maybe it
would be a good idea to use this same system for guides too. This would
mean to reimplement guides as a regular subclass of QgsComposerItem.

With this, we'd also win copy/paste, locking, etc...

I don't know if it's possible to subclass QgsComposerItem in python though
? (I always wondered but never tried)

Olivier