[Qgis-developer] Question on inverted polygon renderer

Hugo Mercier hugo.mercier at oslandia.com
Tue Jun 17 01:22:41 PDT 2014

Hi,

Le 17/06/2014 09:32, Régis Haubourg a écrit :
> Hi Bernard,
> plugin is coming this week I think.

Yes, it is already available at https://github.com/Oslandia/mask_plugin
A 1.0 version for the official qgis repository is on its way.

> Bernhard Ströbl wrote
>> Thinking about QGIS server: Would there be a chance to use what you
>> describe to keep labels staying away from the edge of the requested map?
>>
>> Bernhard
>
> current implementation adds a In_mask(srid) expression, that can be used
> anywhere in style or labeling settings. If QGIs server fill current mask
> geometry with a bbox, slightly smaller than true extent, you will avoid
> drawing labels to close from the edges. I'm not sure this is the best design
> option, it sounds more like a hack to me.
> I will let Hugo explain detailed implementation.

Well, I don't know exactly what is the problem with the labeling part of
the server. This label filtering feature has not been designed for such
a use-case. The current implementation of "atlas with mask" relies on
signals that are catched within a plugin to update the mask layer.
We could imagine something similar for the server, but I agree that
would be a hack.

The problem you have might be somehow related to how qgis clips vectors
before rendering them, as Nyall pointed out
(http://hub.qgis.org/issues/9757)