[Qgis-developer] Display a Photo stored in varbinary from MSSQL Server 2008R2

DewaldvS dewaldvanstaden at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 03:24:54 PDT 2014

Good day.

I am new to QGis.
Environment used:
1. QGis 2.2.0
2. MS SQL Server 2008 R2

Scenario:
I have a thumbnail stored in a varbinary(max) column, that the user needs to
see.
For example: When the user clicks on a water source, they would like to see
the different images that are linked to that water source and the relative
information that goes with that selected water source.

I can get the information to display, but for some reason even when changing
the Edit widget (@Properties/Fields dialog) to Photo and assigning the
height and width to the image box still no image is shown.

I know that the encoding of the varbinary(max) column is correct, because if
I connect a different viewer to the table, the column is interpreted
correctly.

Could you please assist me with this matter?

Thank you for your time