[Qgis-developer] QGIS Server: using same layer name in different projects

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Jun 19 01:12:32 PDT 2014

Hi Luca,

It is a known issue.

It is not an issue about the layer name, but of layer ids. You have to
make sure that layer ids in all of your projects are unique.

You probably copy/pasted projects and this does not upgrade the layerid.
It is not a problem to have two or more identical layer names, but the
layer ids have to be unique.

I agree that this is suboptimal and should be resolved in an upcoming
version. The layercache should have both the project name and the
layerid to form a unique identifier from both attributes.

Someone needs to either work on it or found this improvement.

Andreas