[Qgis-developer] Four month cycle too fast

Mathieu Pellerin nirvn.asia at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 03:07:01 PDT 2014

I just want to clarify one thing about this discussion: we are not speaking
about delaying the 2.4 release, which users are expecting in the next 48
hours, right?

The current state of QGIS master could probably be better, but it's not
worse than 2.2 (of course, that's a perception based on my workflows). So,
please :), whether the release cycle needs to to be adjusted, or not, it
shouldn't be decided and change within 48 hours of a publicly known release
date. As much as bugs are a big issue for end users, being consistent with
the user base is also pretty important.

Math