[Qgis-developer] Move Point with buffer

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt
Thu Jun 19 11:31:39 PDT 2014

> BTW, I think we should really remove it, better sooner than later. Perhaps just after 2.4 release?
>

> On 18 giugno 2014 06:36:22 CEST, Nyall Dawson <nyall.dawson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>On 18 June 2014 12:24, Stefan Sylla <stefansylla at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Basically you can accomplish that by importing your point layer to a
>>Postgis
>>> database (using th SPIT plugin in QGIS)
>>
>>Don't use the SPIT plugin - it's old and unmaintained. Use either
>>dbManager or the "Import into PostGIS" algorithm in processing.

I was one of the first to propose the removal of SPIT unfortunately is
net yet doable because many have the need to import a lot of layers at
once:

* db manager doesn't do it, and it is dead slow
* the tool in the processing toolbox can work in batch mode but 1) is
slow (if compared to SPIT) and does not auto-fill table names when
used as btach process.

cheers

-- G --