[Qgis-developer] Please help build a great visual changelog for 2.4

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Jun 19 21:12:02 PDT 2014

I have been through and updated all the entries - you should see them
published at: http://changelog.linfiniti.com/qgis/version/2.4.0/

Thanks to all those that contributed. If anyone has additions please go
ahead and add them and I will edit and publish.

Regards

Tim

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 3:28 AM, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:

> Is there a specific reason why there are entries listed in thumbnail
> view http://changelog.linfiniti.com/qgis/version/2.4.0/thumbs/ but not
> in list view http://changelog.linfiniti.com/qgis/version/2.4.0/ ?
>
> Best wishes,
> Anita
>
> On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 6:43 PM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Fri, 23. May 2014 at 22:33:45 +0200, Tim Sutton wrote:
> >> Feature freeze is here and I would like to start compiling the visual
> >> changelog for QGIS 2.4.0 'Chugiak'.
> >
> >> I have set up a new version on
> >> http://changelog.linfiniti.com/qgis/version/2.4.0/
> >
> >> Could I invite contributors and interested observers to highlight the
> cool
> >> new features that have come into QGIS in this release cycle on the above
> >> site. You need to log in to create an account and then start creating
> >> 'entries' for the 'version'. Please note that the software on that
> website
> >> is still very much a work in progress rather than a statement of
> perfection
> >> so please bear with the odd glitch you may encounter.
> >>
> >> For those who have asked before, yes we do intend to support a native
> QGIS
> >> domain for that site in the future, but currently the idea is for us to
> >> compile the changelog there and then it will be exported by RSS feed or
> RST
> >> export over to the live QGIS web site.
> >>
> >> If you can't be bothered to actually use the site above, no problem,
> just
> >> mail me with a paragraph or two describing the new feature, and a nice
> >> screenshot (if possible) that shows it off. Please note there is a
> limit of
> >> 1 screenshot per feature (entry). Also don't worry of you are not a
> native
> >> english speaker, I am happy to edit any submissions into the Queen's
> >> english.
> >
> > Is there something wrong with the site or did this got completely
> overlooked?
> >

> > Jürgen
> >
> > --
> > Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel.
> +49-4931-918175-31
> > Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax.
> +49-4931-918175-50
> > Software Engineer         D-26506 Norden
> http://www.norbit.de
> > QGIS PSC member (RM)      Germany                      IRC: jef on
> FreeNode
> >
> > --
> > norBIT Gesellschaft fuer Unternehmensberatung und Informationssysteme mbH
> > Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
> > GF: Jelto Buurman, HR: Amtsgericht Emden, HRB 5502

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net