[Qgis-developer] Attribute table update after trigger in Postgis

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Thu Jun 19 13:48:09 PDT 2014

Hi Antonio

That would be a feature request for integrating push-notifications from
postgresql to QGIS. I think it could be possible, but it would require
changes on postgres side and QGIS side. At the moment to my knowledge
none of the dataproviders supported by QGIS currently ever sends change
notifications. Therefore any change in the datasource just appear when
the data gets queried again. The attribute table makes use of caching
to be responsive.

All in all: I think it could be possible, but it's not trivial and
should not be treated as bug, but rather a new feature.