[Qgis-developer] Processing: module duplications

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Jun 24 00:18:49 PDT 2014

Il 23/06/2014 20:31, Régis Haubourg ha scritto:

> experimentals. I loose lots of time each time testing every module before
> finding the good one. Today, I struggled with spline surface interpolation,
> some grass 6 modules do run out of memory after 3 hours computing, some saga
> modules run with error, but data is quickly generated, some others run fast
> and right.

Exactly, that's what I encounter, and what should be avoided as hell.

> This raise the question of unit tests, and maybe of a vote/rating system. Do
> we have that for processing modules?

Not (yet); IMHO Processing modules and models should mimic much of the structure of
plugins, perhaps sharing some of the same interface.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
Corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html