[Qgis-developer] Processing: module duplications

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 00:20:18 PDT 2014

Paolo, I'm not sure I fully understand the proposal. Do you mean to show
the "basic", "normal" and "advanced" groups in the GUI?
I'm not sure it's something a user will understand easily. What is a
"normal" algorithm? I understand your meaning, but I fear it's not
stragthforward, and it doesn't seeme to be the first criteria a user would
look for. Probably I misudnerstood you...

giovanni

> Il 23/06/2014 19:18, Victor Olaya ha scritto:
> > Paolo, that sounds good to me
> >
> > The basic and experimental modules that you propose are the current
> simplified and
> > advanced modes. We should work on a normal mode.
> >
> > Let's discuss it here and maybe create a spreadsheet that we can edit to
> select the
> > list of modules to include
>
> maybe we could add tags to modules, much easier to maintain than a
> separate spreadsheet?
> first of all, however, I think we should agree on criteria for the
> inclusion in each
> category; IMHO normal should be:
> * well tested (ideally, modules without a test should not be included
> here, so we can
> always guarantee normal modules are working properly)
> * non duplicated (never have two modules doing exactly the same thing;
> choose the
> faster and more reliable
> * with a reasonable set of options, avoiding esoteric stuff (this may be
> the most
> difficult choice).
> Anything more?
> All the best, and thanks for picking this up.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
> Corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html

Giovanni Allegri