[Qgis-developer] QGIS Crash - Serious problem in 2x

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Tue Jun 24 01:24:35 PDT 2014

Hi,

IMHO a scale bar in degrees doesn't make sense at all apart from being
unused to readers of the map. Because one degree in latitude is always
(uhmm if I recall correctly) 110 km, in longitude this is only true for
the equator, the closer you get to the poles the less km per degree in
longitude (until 0 at the pole itself). If you display only a small part
of the earth you migth manage with two scale bars (lon/lat) but how
would you imagine a scale bar for e.g. north America?

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 9990 (20140624) __________

http://www.eset.com