[Qgis-developer] qgis-server and troubles using jpeg as output format

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Tue Jun 24 12:46:23 PDT 2014

Hi Andrea,

It sounds to me like your Qt, when loaded by qgis_mapserv.fcgi, is not
correctly finding the 'plugins' directory, specifically its 'imageformats'
subdirectory. If that machine also runs QGIS Desktop, you can verify your
Qt install has the image plugins by launching QGIS and checking the
Providers section in the About QGIS dialog.

Since Qt has native, built-in support for PNG, it should always be able to
render a WMS request to PNG. If Qt can not load the Qt JPEG image format
plugin, then JPEG will not be rendered.

Just guessing, but you may try setting the env variable QT_PLUGIN_PATH in
the FCGI environment to help Qt find the plugins directory [0]. If the
imageformats subdirectory is missing some plugins, then there is something
funky/missing with your Qt install.

[0] http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/deployment-plugins.html

Regards,

Larry