[Qgis-developer] Release plans

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Jun 26 08:27:20 PDT 2014

Hi Giovanni,

On Thu, 26. Jun 2014 at 17:02:57 +0200, G. Allegri wrote:
> I agree too for announcing when packages are ready.
> Right today, during a course, I was answering a partecipant wh asked be
> about the next release. I've told him it will happen in a few days and I
> ansewered: "I hope they don't do as for QGIS 2.2, when we had to go back to
> the website more and mroe times, hoping to see the QGIS 2.4 download link
> appear"...

Looks like announcing the (source) release on qgis-developer and announcing
individual packages on qgis-user would solve that problem.

I also don't like to have stuff on my queue, that I can't do anything about
than just be patient.   Actually that's exactly why I want the (completion of)
the packaging out of the release schedule.

To me there's not much point in having master frozen, while everyone is just
waiting for packages to be built.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
QGIS PSC member (RM)      Germany                      IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden