[Qgis-developer] Release plans

Vincent Picavet vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Fri Jun 27 01:43:19 PDT 2014

Hi,

Le vendredi 27 juin 2014 09:47:55, Richard Duivenvoorde a écrit :
> On 27-06-14 08:45, Nyall Dawson wrote:
> >> Why can't we state that release is when windows + mac + ubuntu are
> >> ready?
> >
> > +1 from me.
>
> +1 from me with the combo:

Agree with this, and to Nathan's demands.

We should definitly get more information on our user base, gather statistics
(anonymous, or through website stats), so that we can know what really matters
to our users. We should not develop software for ourselves, but for people who
really use it. And final polish is probably the most important part. Yes this
includes taking care of the user, marketing, ergonomy, fine wording and many
things developers do not want to do or are bad at doing.

> - source release is only announced on dev list
>
> - when wmu is packaged, we sent a mail to user/community list, update
> website and startup the marketing machine/twitter about it etc etc

+1 then.

Vincent